Thread: District 9
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioZ View Post
i liked it, but didnt anyone think the writing was a bit cheesy?

(yay first post )
a little campy as it followed a rather "old" storyline formula. I expect however the "District 10" sequel to be a bit more in-depth and serious. I also suspect that the human-alien hybrid guy is not going to get back to being human but rather the alien friend is going to transform the human-alien's wife into an alien form. The reason I say this is becasue the movie made it a point to demonstrate man's in-humanity to man through the lying, politics and ruthless interrogation....while juxtpositioning that against the alien character's seeming compassion, kindness and desire to preserve his alien race and come back and rescue the captive aliens.

The sequel I think will prove to be rather interesting in either making or breaking District 9 as an "alien" classic in the future....
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote