View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #1782 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Really nice rifle! Top quality all the way. What buffer and spring are you using? You should have no problem with an H buffer.

My only observation is in regards to the BAD lever. I have mixed emotions. I've used 'em, but there's a lot to be said for a standard manual of arms. Note that on occasion, with some bolt releases in particular, it may contribute to a failure of the bolt to lock back on an empty mag. If that happens to you when you fire it, first thing I'd do is pull the BAD lever off and recheck.
Ahh, thanks...you had a lot to do with the selection for sure. The buffer and spring came with the YHM lower I believe and it is the same weight as the ones that came with my Bushmaster carbines. I really didn't think about it, but now that you mention it I see there are different weights for buffers...interesting. There is this great store near me (Bowers Tactical Bowers Tactical, featuring products from Accuracy International, ARMS, Bianchi, Blackhawk, Buffer Technologies, Bulldog, CQB Solutions, Don Hume, First Samco, Fobus, GG&G, Gemtech, Global Tacital Supply, Hakko, Insight Technologies, LMT, Magpul Indus) where they only sell mostly Glock and AR parts. I bought the Geisselle trigger and lower parts from them for this rifle and while I was looking around I noticed a Spikes buffer and spring. The thought crossed my mind to inquire about it and I also was contemplating buying a hydraulic buffer, but I wanted to shoot it before making any additional investment. I would think that a hydraulic buffer wouldn't buy me much since I don't need to reduce the cyclic rate or the fact that this is a DI rifle. But now you have me thinking about the weight... The BCG is actually the full auto version from FailZero. There is more of the cylindrical portion to it than I normally see. I would think that would add some weight especially considering the inertia associated with the carrier. Like I said I won't be able to test fire this thing until another week.

I have the BAD lever on my Bushies and haven't had any issues, but that is the first place I will check if the bolt carrier doesn't lock. Thanks for the heads up!

Now that I have an extra lower laying around I will probably end up building a 4th AR...good grief! It may give me an excuse to try out a monolithic, gas-piston upper. The LMT is looking tempting....

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Lewis Machine Tool - LMT | Upper: LMT MRP CQB 16 Upper - Piston
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote