Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #2608 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

HOLY MOLY. First off, I can't believe this thread was re-opened. Dan, you have power beyond the gods. Nice to have this thread again. But yes, let's keep this thread on topic. Bottom line, a car is a car is a car. EVERYTHING could be argued as subjective. If you don't like it, you don't like it. No need to bash. Can't we all just get along?

To ZMan8, regarding the questions on the 5.0.... to me (again, this is MY opinion, so take it for what it is), the 5.0 does feel bigger than the Z. When I was on stock springs, it definitely felt like it had more roll and was a little more floaty than the Z. But I have since lowered it on K springs (all else is stock, susp wise), and it rides much better, and corners much better. I'll never track it, no desire to, but to me, it feels as good as the Z did now. The addition of my panhard bar also helped in overall feel...just feels more "stable" than stock did.

Back seat is not huge, but it's THERE. Now I can put my kid in the back, and take my wife along too. That's the primary reason I got rid of the Z. We have another one coming in May, so the Z had to go.

I love the transmission. I have since switched to an MGW shifter, replacing the entire shifter assembly. NIGHT AND DAY over stock, and again, my opinion, way better than the Z. Dan, Steve, you guys need to do this mod. ASAP. If you think the stock shifter was good, the MGW is on another ethereal plane.

Braking wise, I liked the Z brakes better... esp the versus the rear 5.0 brakes... looks goofy being that small. Again, I don't track, so I can't compare it to how well and short it actually stops. But in terms of feel, I do prefer the Z's.

It's just a DIFFERENT car than the Z. Do I love the 5.0? Yes. Do I love the Z? Yes. I love them both... Some things I don't like about the 5.0 and the Z as well... to each his own.

EDIT: How can I talk about the 5.0 without talking about the power and torque???? sheeesh how dare me. But yes, in one word???? ADDICTING.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 02-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.