View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #1765 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx View Post
What do you all think of the Springfield 1911 Trophy Match?

I'm looking to buy my first handgun and at first i was looking at the usual suspects (glock, xd, m&p) but my uncle has me 95% convinced that i should just bypass all that and go straight for the 1911
You really can't go wrong with a weapon that has been used since before WWI. The design has withstood the test of time.

If you want a compact, ultra-reliable handgun that is cheap to shoot the Glock 19 is my recommendation for one's first gun.

I am a H&K fanboy, so of course I would suggest looking into the H&K P30 9mm since it is basically the middle ground between the 1911 and Glock in regard to price and reliability. Some 1911s can be a bit fickle requiring a little more love, but a lot of shooters I know swear by them.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote