View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #110 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Not much disposable income. I am 26. I pulled in 83k last year and with this year (my lowest raise yet) I should be at around 90k (before taxes of course). If I stay with the company I work with now I hope that by the start of 2014 I will be setup to make >100k by that time. That being said I bought a house a few months before the Z in 2010. My Mortgage/insurance/property tax (that I Have all in one payment) run me around $1850/month. With my $215 internet bill and all my utilities, food, and other crap I don't really have a ton of 'disposable' income.

Also I am into computers/media so a lot of my disposable income goes into storage more storage and stuff (have a full rack of computer equipment and >150TB of disks). Why more power would be nice I feel the Z has plenty of power to me and I think I get more use out of the computer stuff I use a lot of my disposable income on instead.

Also just maintenance add's up on the Z as well because I drive so much. I have had it for 18 months and just have over 33k miles on it. That also runs me about $250-275 in gas per month and $2000/yr on tires, maintenance and other stuff (since I like to go to the dealer as I Have been bit by a warranty in the past).

I really love my Z and plan to keep it long after its paid off. Due to this I really don't want to do something which would lower its longivity for the power I don't *really* need.
houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote