View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #103 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

I haven't driven neither yet so I obviously couldn't say.

However, my deciding factor wouldn't be based on which car is merely quicker.

Why turn down a car just because it doesn't run a certain 0-60, lap time, etc? Why would that be such a big deal unless you're racing your daily drivers for a living? Need to "prove" something? I don't know why ppl do this.

Wouldn't the important thing be how the car drives, connects with its driver, transmits road feel, steering feel/ feedback, and so on. You know all those things that make the actual act of driving fun / rewarding.

This is why I never judge a car based on mere specs (HP/TQ, curb weight, 0-60, skid pad, etc) Those things are neat to speculate about but they do NOT tell you how the car is going to feel behind the wheel.

Many of the best cars to drive aren't necessarily the fastest (they often aren't / ref: MX-5, S2K, RX-8, Boxster, etc). If that's all you care about sure go ahead and dismiss cars based on its spec sheet and or photos you've seen off the internets.

It seems many people purchase cars al most solely on how much speed they can get per their $$. That's just a horrible way to go about picking a great drivers car. Unless of course you live life one 1/4 mile at a time. I have to admit I was probably more like that in my early 20's up until I drove some truly great cars later in life.

Last edited by vo2max99; 02-03-2012 at 07:06 AM.
vo2max99 is offline   Reply With Quote