Thread: Oil Consumption
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKZZZZ View Post
Hey there ummie,

My 2009 370Z stopped running yesterday and I brought it in to the shop and they told me that there is internal engine damage due to running out of oil. I just had 5 qts of synthetic put in about 4000 miles ago. There's practically none left in the engine. They want to consider replacing my engine and I don't know if it'll be covered under warranty. Did you talk to Nissan direct or to the dealer?
If you have the receipt from the oil change, there's no reason why Nissan wouldn't cover the engine replacement under warranty. If the engine eats oil like that, it's defective.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote