View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Peppers
Base Member

Drives: 2009,370Z, Blue,6pd
Peppers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Please keep me posted. Once you have a conclusion it will be better for you to call me directly. You will be able to get a hold of me right away...

Thanks, Tony
Good morning Tony,

After leaving my sweet Alorah(Z) at the dealership for the past 3 days I finally was able to pick her up yesterday evening. The day I dropped it off I had both codes thrown and as I said in my previous statement I erased these codes only to have them come back again. The Technician working on my car only used torque wrenchs on the installation he claimed as this was the first question I asked him. I told him what I had read on this forum and how there was only one other incident of this happening out of (I said over 100 units sold) since I do not know the exact number. The Service Rep begin to blame the codes on the headers and then continued to tell me I didn't do enough research before I bought this unit. I quickly proceeded to tell him I did months of research and kept my self very informed via the 370z community and even yourself Tony. I also noted that after 12k miles this is my first issue directly or indirectly related to the headers that I have encountered. I told the tech to re-check the wiring and individually test the O2 sensors and everything was working properly after those tests. The Tech told me he could not pinpoint the issue since he could not get the codes to appear again once he cleared them. After picking up the car yesterday I have already put 100+ miles on the vehicle and I have not seen the codes as of yet. However their entire story and reasoning/answers behind everything greatly displeased me. I felt like I was getting the run around. Long story short the dealer/tech could not resolve the issue and cleared the codes. Any suggestions Tony? (I have noticed the car is running smoothly once again after the codes were cleared as it was running a bit rough previously)

Last edited by Peppers; 02-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote