View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
It's ok!

When cars are shipped to keep them from wearing on the springs/shocks while waiting to be brought. Rubber spring spacers that keep the spring expanded are install. So if you purchase a Nismo these spacers aren't known to ever dealer seeing it's just a Z. They are forgotten in the car. So if you see a stock Nismo looking a little 4x4 that's maybe why.

Op you could of checked that yourself.

If the car shifts into each gear fine but a grinding noise is heard.

It may be the fluid, I don't think that's the problem

Or

Your driving isn't yet adapted to the Z's clutch, an it's shift points.

I recommend following the "find other stealership" advice quickly!
From what I understand, spacers are used because shocks get pretty hot when you transport a car. Especially on a boat. Multiple GTO's also suffered sagging and rear-tire wear issues because they were improperly shipped from down under to the US.

A transmission dying in 160 miles is:

Improper fluid level.
Idiot owner.
Flawed part.
Assembly error.

I don't think you are an idiot, so that leaves the other three. It is not indicative of the quality of a vehicle or company in isolation. Replace and enjoy.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote