View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjaxx9 View Post
glad someone shares the same thoughts. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
You could live in a gated apartment complex with controlled access

Works for me that my parents garage with all of my tools is only 30 mins away.
yah, i lived in pretty upscale apartment complexes long time ago after college landing my first job 2200 miles away from home...was gated and had 2 levels of assigned parking garage. i rented 2 car spaces. long story short, it didnt work for me for my car hobby. i needed power, access to tools, and a wall to block off all the noise at night and most of these apartments loitering is not allowed in parking areas for safety.

i also had some arse kick the rear bumper leaving shoe marks, hand prints on the glass from people looking inside the car, bird crap?, valve caps stolen, no privacy while detailing the cars.. there were actually cars stolen from the parking garage too. and you'd think shitt like this dont happen in a nice gated community in a nicer part of town. wrong!

i had (still my buddies) friends about 30min away who owned a car repair shop i could use to do mods, but still, just not the same borrowing tools and space cause i didnt have the flexibility with time. not like i can hop on over there at midnight to start a coilover install just because i got back from a late flight biz trip.

i learned very quickly that if i wanted to really get into this hobby like i meant it, i'd want a nice garage of my own that i have access too 100% of the time.

so if someone was asking about the Z for overall operational cost to keep in mind, i think that's a valid question... smart for someone to do research especially if they are money conscious and just starting out. (how's that for getting back to topic? lol... )
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote