View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemurray View Post
Who knows how they arrive at that data? Do they track actual dealer service records? I doubt it.

In any case, I've never owned a 370 (until now) or 350, nor a corvette. I don't really care about the argument one way or another. I've just been so dissatisfied with several GM's that I've owned that I wont give them another chance. That's just me, my experience. I have owned another Nissan that was a great car. And I have owned several other japaneses cars. My experience with Japanese cars of all makes has been fantastic. I've loved every one of them and have had great reliability out of them. They have all held up well and still drive like new cars many years later. Even the GMs I've had that did not have significant mechanical failures still drove like **** once they got more mileage on them and felt like buckets of crap. Again, this is my experience, with vehicles that I have owned. I don't really care what some report says that is based on hidden research or data. The 370 might turn out to be a huge pile of **** ( I seriously doubt it, it has a quality fit and finish), but it will be the first Jap car I've owned that is if that's the case. I'm going my way based on vehicles that I've owned, and no one on here can validly argue that or change my mind about it.
Consumer Reports are worthless, I agree. PPH industry numbers are much more useful. Nissan won't publish any like Ford or GM, though, that I have found. So we are all left guessing.

I had a friend with a 350Z. I had a 2001 WS6 Trans Am. her 350Z had way more rattles and a far shittier interior than my WS6. Experiences vary...

I'm not a fan-boy, nor do I have any strong emotion about an automobile company one way or the other. It's a machine, and as such--just the facts, please.

you know nothing relevant to the plaform from your Camaro experience. The chassis, engine, transmission, EVERYTHING are different from your car, in the new C6. Your opinion on the matter is as moot as me comparing my G20 to your 370Z and saying that the motor-mounts in your 370Z were poorly designed because the one's in my FWD G20/Sentra were. Pure ignorance.