View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10Anamoly View Post
Z06 all the way. I love my Z, but the Z06 is in the same weight class, monstrous power as noted and its a stout beast. My friend's dad has one with 85k on it and has beaten it to death. Stock clutch still and NO issues.

And yes, if you cant handle that car at its limits, dont take it to the limit. The backend does break free quite easily so be careful in it. Also, be wary of the cost to replace anything you damage, carbon fiber and expensive parts abound on that thing.
Front-end starts at about 5K on a Z06 for cosmetic damage.
Cold weather makes the car SCARY unless you have some self-control.
I love my Z06, but it's a waste unless you a)don't care about legal trouble. b) track it. c) are just buying it for the ego/experience.

I bought mine for the experience, and a bit of the ego.

It has been fun, but I am now trading into a 370Z (when I find one) for the interior and USABLE power. Not to say the Z06 is not docile and tractable when you want it to be, it's just, I am not using a lot of what I payed for with this car. It will do nearly 90 in 2nd gear for crying out loud.