View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
GMZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 07 V8 4Runner 4x4
GMZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
One part I miss about having a standard is being able to rev the engine up and dump the clutch for a great take-off...(think 1/4mile reaction time, where you can dump the clutch and your off, where the 7AT, you let off the brake and mash the gas - it's a few more steps!)

7AT, only thing I can think of comparible would be to dump from N to D - which I know is historically bad for transmissions

I've also tried holding the brake and mashing the gas, and that doesn't seem to help much (in fact, the engine bogs down and won't roll the tires (product of the viscous rear-end? Low-end Torque? Huge tires? Sport Package?) - which is a bit of a disappointment too

I do have to say that there's not a whole lot more the (stock) tires can take, it easily will break them loose now just mashing the gas - so from a traction-limit perspective, it can't be improved that much...

Anyhow, any tips?
Take your VDC off and it shouldnt bog. One of my old 350s was a 5AT and thats what I did and it worked pretty good. Hold the break and rev to about 2K in 1st in M mode.