View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold
Default Steering lock repair

Eureka! DIY on the old lock can be done! It's not simple but not too electronic, so OK for mechanically competent folk. I've just started my car, dying since Jan 6 (2012!). Not dead yet.

I'll try a write up soon enough after tidying up the mess and having a few joy-rides. I missed the super car.....and now......stuff Nissan's non-cooperation attitudes from new.

Any-one competent and in urgent need can send me an e-mail quoting his name, phone no and car chassis number and the number, date, or photo, of the lock plate.
Also the part number written on the VVEL relay and where it was made plus the code underneath the country...just to help me.

(Still fighting Nissan re the relay... so what did they send on the USA cars?)
(Having broken through the clever "anti-tampering" of the "security lock"
I'm a bit doubtful of telling the world how to anti-tamper!)

When registering lock failures it seems important to know the date of the lock, and the manufactured date of the car.

(The lock circuit board on my 2010 (per contract) car was dated 17/4/2007 and the lock 14/2/2009 and the gas pedal Oct 2008). Bleating Pom!

Fritz