View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zemurray
Base Member

Drives: 78 280z, 40th 370z
Zemurray is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
The fact is that the Corvette has industry leading PPH numbers.

The LS1 engine in your SS was prone to using oil, I bet you ran that Mobil 1 in it, didn't you? Mine did the same thing. Run a better oil and it stopped. I went from 1qt/2K miles to 3/4qt 4K miles usage running an oil better suited to that engine.

The drive-line of the corvette and its suspension are rock-solid. The interior is the only area that "needs work", and "what you see, is what you get" there. No secrets.
I've had more than one gm, they have all sucked since about 1973. Just ask my coworker who has just had to have new rings and pistons installed in his well maintained Denali suburban with only 68k miles. This is after he had to put in a new transmission in it 3 months ago.

Put 200k trouble free miles on that vette and then come back and talk to me about it being trouble free. The reason the stats are better on them is due to the fact that old men leave them sitting in the garage and don't ever get up to 50,000 miles.

I've got a Honda pilot in the drive way, 150k miles, uses no oil, drives like new. Only thing ever done to it not maintenance related was a new cat converter.

My FJ cruiser, 101k miles, nothing but oil changes.