Thread: Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knux
Base Member

Drives: NA
Knux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZer View Post
Edmonton is the mall with all the rides, but certainly would not drive from Toronto just to see that. Carry on to the mountains where you'll like the drive better. Rev matching is going okay, and find the "heel toe" better with the side of the foot vs. heel. I didn't like the spoiler either so did not opt for the sport package. I find now that the car has about 11k on it, that it shifts easier and seems to have less "hang time" on the throttle. Not sure if it is some kind of break in feature, but am certain it does not hang as long as it did when it was brand new.

Have fun in your travels!
I'll actually think about the mountains but it seems pretty far. I've always wanted to go to that mall since I was a kid so I'd most likely be worth it for me.

As for the car, I rode in a 370 with sport the other day and it seems like a harsher ride! People can call me stupid and crazy, but I swear - the wheels made everything a lot more "bumpy".

I finally got to test out the syncro-rev, and boy; not many humans can downshift like that chip does. I've noticed that upshifting is actually smoother too, like it almost "holds" the throttle inbetween shifts.
I wouldn't like to keep it on tho, it kinda ruins the magic.

On a separate note, that space where the "sync-rev match" button would be is just itchin to be used though. I was thinking if I ever put NOS in my car (most likely will not) the space between the heated-seat buttons would be a good place to have the "arm" switch and the "syncro-rev" button would be good place to have the actual button (either RED or GREEN in colour). If you didn't opt for the NAV, the area where the screen would go would be a good place to set up the cans.
Knux is offline   Reply With Quote