View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
BamBam
Base Member

Drives: Future Z-boy
BamBam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
Actually, I think it is sport package, the wheels seem eerily similar, even though they're blurry. Missing a spoiler though. There probably is a 370Z with a sport package available for purchase, lol.

I hope the game feels less sticky grip and gets mechanics like RaceDriver GRID. You could drift through turns and it had a beautiful physics engine. I hope a similar engine makes it to the FM3.
From everything I've researched Forza is a simulation whereas GRID is more arcade-like, though well done. The physics in GRID make it easier for someone to jump in a car and drift it, etc. whereas Forza the car needs to be tuned properly to get it to perform. GRID does give you the feel of speed better but is not realistic whereas Forza the numbers are more accurate meaning 100 mph is 100 mph covering a specified distance of track in specified time. Without peripheral vision due to the TV the real physics don't feel as real because we depend a great deal on our peripheral vision to "feel" speed. GRID compensates by making the experience "feel" more real but the actual physics/speeds are adjusted for feel, not for accuracy. There are tuners in Forza that tune cars according to real world specs, and make fine adjustments from there, that's how close Forza 2 is to reality. It's not perfect, and feels like the physics are more off once the car breaks significant traction, but it's really a good physics engine, best out so far as I understand(pre-GT5). I can't speak for Gran Turismo, I've not researched it as much. And I play Forza 2 a great deal and you can drift.... it's hard, but can be done, there are people who do it flawlessly. I on the other hand drift good for maybe a lap then wreck it or stall the drift. When I started Forza 2 I was super frustrated until I got some help with tuning and learning car physics, in fact, I learned more about suspension setup playing that game and learning from others in it than I had anywhere else. I've never had a tunable suspension on a real car...... that WILL change.
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote