View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #1679 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonWill View Post
I'm probably going to be in Clemson Feb 18-19th if any of you guys want to meet up for dinner. I won't have the Z though.

I'm thinking about buying a set of spacers for my stock 19s. But I want the extended stud H&Rs. Anyone know if the extended studs will still fit with my extended Rays duralumin legs nuts when I put the TE37s back on? Basically I spend half the year on TEs and half the year on my Rays so I want the car to look good both ways.
I don't see any reason why we couldn't this far out... Unless Patrick has a shoot to go do in NC. But he'll know his schedule for those better than I...

Those have closed ends right?

The thing with spacers is when you get the extended studs, those are for 15mm or less... 20mm or more, which is what the stockers deserve, you should get the type II spacers with the studs built into the spacer. Those will be the same length as a stock hub so there's no problem there.

If you do however decide to go with just extended studs, the spacer will take up the excess length of the studs. Example:

Standard Stud Length: 35mm (just for demonstration purposes, not sure the actual length of our studs)

Extended Stud Length: 50mm

Spacer Width: 15mm

50mm - 15mm = 35mm

So you'll be at the same starting point you were without the spacers. If your lugs fit then, they'll still fit with spacers.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote