View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #139 (permalink)
Thechidz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan 370z Monti Bl
Thechidz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
All the metalwork of the seat and the physical seat cushion on the driver's seat including the seat heaters and all that good stuff.

I had a $0 deductible, also, from my understanding, yes you CAN buy it within the first 3 years, BUT you cannot buy it with the $0 deductible, and you pay a premium because the car hasn't been recertified...

All in all, I am VERY happy with my purchase, there are too many sensors in a car now a days for me to NOT get the warranty... I KNOW I can do 90% of the repairs to my car, BUT if I were to do them, I'd use ghetto aftermarket parts, or used parts, with Nissan, I walk in, get a FREE rental, walk out, put a few hundred miles on THEIR car, come back a few days later, problem solved! If I use my new warranty ONE time for lets say the trasmission slipping, I'm golden, or right now my door panel makes this crappy noise and the trunk latch doesn't fully unlatch... Free rental for me for 3 days as far as I am concerned!
ok, to clear up a few inaccuracies here,

1. yes you can get full factory warranty up to the first 36 months or 36,000 miles of the original warranty, whichever comes first. and yes you can still get the $0 deductible.... however if you have gone past 12000 miles before you decide to purchase the extended warranty the price of the warranty and the $o deductible option increases, albeit not that significantly.

2. I was quoted $1471 for 7 years and 100,000 miles assuming the car has less than 12000 miles currently and $50 deductible. since my car has over 12k and I would want $0 deductible the price would rise approximately $300 bringing it closer to what you paid and since you got your warranty from your local dealership it might be worth the extra money you paid for your warranty to establish that relationship, so you didn't do too bad on your price.
3. That said, Santa Rosa Nissan does have the best bottom line prices on extended warranties

Thechidz is offline   Reply With Quote