View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Dustin, just as an idea z1 should manufacture a filter grate to fit the inside nose of the z. that way it eliminates these rocks from hitting not only the oil cooler but the power steering and radiator coolers as well. Just a thought. Thanks again from california with the help you provided. 18000 on my hoses and no leaks, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
I greatly appreciate it sir!!

Spohn is right, there are numerous ways to go about this. I did some similar on my personal Z a year or so ago to prevent all the debris from messing up my radiator and 25R core on my older 300zx.

Probably the best sites I have found for purchasing neat little hardware pieces from are Pegasusautoracing.com and McMaster-Carr.

Both sites sell a Stainless Steel mesh that can be attached to the fascia. I personally fit a sheet behind all of the openings on my car and used a quick setting 2-part epoxy to secure it. You can obviously use other methods, but I did not want pop-rivets or screws showing.

Here is a link to the SS Wire Mesh offered by Pegasus:
- Pegasus Auto Racing Wire Mesh

I ended up purchasing a 6 x 6 style SS Mesh for my Z with a 0.132" opening size. I painted it black with some rattle can and epoxyied it on the back side of the fascia. From a distance you can not tell it is there. Up close it looks like an OEM piece. Just make sure to glue and cut the mesh so that the mesh rush both parallel and vertical with the fascia. LOL...do glue it in at an angle or it will look wierd.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote