View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #77 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
Tower,

Question: That blue pump is for the oil, correct? Does this use a standalone reservoir, or is it a helper from the distance traveled to the engine?

(Back in my M/C drag turbo days we ran standalones. Not a bad thing.)

That rear system would benefit from a big plastic or carbon cover, like under engines. It looks so vulnerable with potential road debris slapping around.

I'm not a hater. I like this. If that Corvette is a similar turbo system, that shows it well!

Coop
Don't worry about that...hate trollers ... I do believe that is a stand alone oil pump. From what I have read they do use that type of system.
Electric Oil Feed and Scavenge Pumps
As far as road debris, that's a good question. Like I said I've 2500 miles and was just under the car last month. The only I had found was a broken clip holding up the piping. That was a five minute fix and could be from the install. The guys who did my install weren't very versed in imports. SCARY..even though I'm learning myself.
The Corvette wasn't an STS system.

Last edited by tower74; 01-30-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: more info for the quote
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote