View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96bigbody View Post
No, the problem is the turbo getting to much or to little oil and relying on a oil-pump to get oil back to the engine. Many have problems with getting oil in the intake pipes and exhuast.
1. How old are their systems?
2. Did they actually drive the vechile correctly and/or allow everything to cool off after running the hell out of the turbo?
This could also be due to the installer, the driver, lack of maintenance and not the system. This isn't about what if or it may happen. I've had ZERO problems.
Your reply was kind of vague...nothing about how the system was treated. People will say until they die that it wasn't their fault it failed and they did everything to keep the system in working order.In some cases, like 98's, it wasn't their fault and the system had a flaw. It happens even with GTM,Stillen,etc... No wants to admit fault and they think the system should last forever since they paid money for said system. No system is not without its problems and I'm sure if it was a huge issue they would of addressed it with a oil free turbo. Which they haven't.

Now, they are not paying me or giving me kick backs to write anything on here. These are all personal experiences on my Z, not on corvettes, mustangs or any other cars only the Z.
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote