View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nikkolai
Base Member

Drives: Boss 302, Frontier
Nikkolai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
Perhaps this has been addressed, but I made a few interesting observations. I recently purchased a stock NISMO take off to "enhance" my non-NISMO 370. I had hoped for a slight performance increase (yes, I did realize a slight improvement) and better sound. The performance increase manifested itself in a greater willingness to rev quicker, but I must admit, it could have been wishfull thinking! The sound was deeper, though not by a lot. For grins, I then installed the stock muffler onto the NISMO pipes. First, I noticed that the stock muffler was significantly lighter in weight. The exhaust "note" was more aggressive than the NISMO. Still not what I had hoped for, but a darn sight better than stock and better than with the NISMO muffler.

Can anyone help me understand this?
I am not sure where you are going with this. Did you mean sound or power? Unless you went to the dyno and performed tests back to back between stock muffler and Nismo muffler then you will not know the difference just by "feel." I have read that the Nismo exhaust is around 5-8 hp range over stock (probably due to H-pipe configuration, true dual setup).
Nikkolai is offline   Reply With Quote