View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy View Post
My husband got things up and running on a new install. HU is a Pioneer Z130BT with a new Pioneer XM module and Axxess steering wheel control and Kenwood backup camera. No problems with the car itself after battery hooked back up. Backup camera great when in reverse gear. The Pioneer seems to have a constant hissing noise coming from the front dash speakers all the time when the unit is on or even off in acc mode. When you cut the power to the car totally, it stops. Also sounds like a faint fan noise running behind the HU. My A/C heat unit is not even back in place yet. When using the touchscreen, seems like allot of high pitched noise inbetween picking things. Allot of high pitch noise between picking radio stations. Cannot get the Axxess to work at all even though have a solid red light showing. We didnot change the amp or speakers at all. Have pretty good sound despite all the extra noise. A little disappointed as my Pioneer install of a X920BT in the Corvette went fine and sounds great. It did have a new amp and speakers put in though. The ground wires are all grounded seperately and installed right on the new HU. Any past experiences or feed back would be great. Hoping that the HU is ok with this car and just not able to be compatible.
Does the noise change frequency depending on RPM?