View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Dustin, just as an idea z1 should manufacture a filter grate to fit the inside nose of the z. that way it eliminates these rocks from hitting not only the oil cooler but the power steering and radiator coolers as well. Just a thought. Thanks again from california with the help you provided. 18000 on my hoses and no leaks, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
You could always do what I did and install some mesh in the opening. Comes in all sorts of sizes. Smaller you go the better. Check the link below. Plus I have a 34R cooler which you have to run a block off plate most of the time. That helps the most with debri. I don't have a sinlge rock knick anywhere. Even from the track days.

Spohn's Journal