View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
Hi all. Now i know exactly what you are talking about, that nasty noise you hear in 1st @ 1.8-2.1k rpm and 2nd @~2k rpm.

I drive in NYC and here its allways a red light, stop sing or everyday traffic that will make you start all over again and again and again.......So after 12k miles like that ive learned that when that noise come up its when you depress your clutch the WRONG WAY.

Its weird when you depress it you need to hold it just a sec when it engages(in order to have a smooth/aligned engagement) then continue letting it go, this way i found no rattle noise.

All i can say now is good luck w/ the practice cuz youll have to get it right all the time.

If after practice you still cant get it right then tune up ur radio.
Exactly! Its funny to hear a lot of concerns on the 370z which in essence is just a new 350Z with some tweaks...

I had one of the first 350Z's in Maine in March 2003 (build date Oct 2002) then my 2nd 350Z after trading that in was an 04 350Z and got used to all these weird things.

Glad my insight helped cure some peoples OCD on this matter, as i know some noises from the car can sound scary but really are normal....