View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
STSTurbo.com
Base Member

Drives: 08 C6 Corvette
STSTurbo.com is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the questions and general interest guys! I will try to get on here at least a few times a week with answers and updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrettin View Post
I drive my Z in the winter as a DD. I wash my Z a lot at the touch less car wash which includes a bottom blast to the under carriage. Would this be ok to do with your turbo kit?

----
Edit:
It looks like I would have to fab something to protect against direct water blasts. However, I'm still interested in what you recommend.
All of the components in our kit are designed and tested in all kinds of weather. The STS filter shield was designed to protect the filter during all typical driving conditions. A undercarriage car wash can cause problems with all types of aftermarket modifications. If the filters are exposed, regardless of location, they will be susceptible to water being sprayed directly at them. We do not consider this to be a “typical driving condition”. It is really a case of knowing your car. If you have an aftermarket/custom air intake that is exposed through undercarriage or through the radiator opening you know not to spray water directly at it. The shield should protect the filter from the undercarriage spray and deflect most of the water, however, there is a LOT of pressure and quantity of water that comes out of those undercarriage sprayers so we recommend that you stop the car when the spray hits the rear tires so that you are not spraying water & soap directly at the filter shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
Also, can you confirm anything on this possible twin turbo sts 370z setup i've been hearing is in the works
We are currently not in any stage of development on a twin turbo system. We offer numerous upgrades that will give our customers the ability to meet/exceed their HP goals with the single turbo setup. If there is a real demand for a twin turbo system we would be more than happy to develop a kit that would allow you to upgrade from the single system to the twin. Anyone interested in shipping their car to STS?

On that note we are also looking for an auto transmission car for an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
Mod list? Does it cost extra to have everything coated with resonators? If it does cost extra, what does it cost?

I really like that gauge he has who makes it?
All of the STS turbo systems are designed and tested on completely stock vehicles. We take pride in the fact that there are NO additional modifications or parts needed to complete the install or to achieve your HP goals. We custom build all of our turbo systems based on the customers goals.

The ceramic coating is standard on all of the STS turbo systems. The resonators are optional. I will modify the first post so that it includes some of our pricing on the base kit and some of the optional upgrades.

The gauge is a PLX Devices DM-100 with the vacuum/boost & AFR modules. We carry the PLX gauge setups in house and install them all the time. It’s probably one of the cleanest gauge setups out there. We modified a autometer universal gauge cup to house both the gauge and our methanol lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiboy718 View Post
What about fuel system and ecu management? Does this comes with the kit also?
We sell the kit in "Tuner" form for guys who have access to their own tuning and fuel system upgrades. We also offer our tuning package which comes with an Uprev cable, injectors, fuel pump with complete install kit & an STS base tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg View Post
Can this set up be used for track use without fear of overheating the car? From what I know all the other FI options can't be tracked for a longer period of time without having the cooling system seriously modefied
The radiator still has adequate airflow even with the STS intercooler. We have not had any issues with coolant temp on the street or on the dyno.

As most people know by now the 370Z is susceptible to very high oil temperatures when driven hard in stock form. We carry the Z1 Motorsports oil cooler kit in house and recommend on all high performance 370z applications. It fits perfectly with the STS intercooler and intake pipes. The kit consists of a 34 row Setrab core, oil filter adapter plate and large application specific lines for a clean, easy install.
STSTurbo.com is offline   Reply With Quote