View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinfire View Post
I appreciate the responses from everyone, but this car is cleaned every week and is parked in a garage at work and at home. I do plenty of preventative maintenance on it. I have cleaned and conditioned the leather in that spot countless times. It's the rubbing of my jeans/shorts on the seat as I use the clutch that's doing it. It stays matte for half a day after cleaning/conditioning and then goes right back to its old, shiny, cracked look. You're forgetting the most important part here. The car only has 13,000 miles. Its age is basically irrelevant. I had a Toyota Matrix before this for seven years. The key fob battery never died. I have an extra key that's never been used and it does the same thing.

I have more issues too. The gas gauge never registers full. The seat belt harness clicks right by my ear constantly. Car also bogs down around turns, and sometimes when starting in first gear. Had Nissan put it on the computer and could find no issues yet the tech was able to replicate the problems on a test drive. The car has had oil changes every 3500 miles with synthetic, air filter has been changed twice, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the car and don't regret buying it, but I'm also realizing why say, a Porche Cayman S, costs a little bit more money. This car isn't cheap even though you're getting a lot of bang for the buck. Just a little disappointed in the problems only three years in. Going back to my relatively cheap Matrix XRS, I never had a single issue with it in seven years. I didn't buy the extended warranty on this because of the positive experience with my Toyota and now I kind of wish I had.

seems to be more complaints you have about the car rather than real problems eg. engine problems, transmission problems, etc. Most of the "problems" you describe are things that can be remedied with little cost to you. as for the "bogging" problem, this is the first i have heard of it on these forums afaik, never had my Z bog on me unless i put it in the wrong gear at the wrong speed which is just my fault, but i'm still learning the ins and outs of where and when to shift on my Z, so it's expected. sorry if i'm coming off as rude, but to me it just seems like you came on here to complain instead of doing something constructive like maybe ask for advice on what to do to remedy certain annoyances your having with your Z which i'm sure theres more than enough people here that would be willing and happy to help you in that case, me included.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote