View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #203 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people have race car fanstasies. They imagine that they are driving a car that is meant for the podium...if they only drove on a track. Our Z's really do go on tracks and a lot of us run them regularly.

Even people who drive performance cars like Mustangs almost never put them in a real performance situation like HPDE. Hell, most Z's never see a track.

So, say you drive a Camry XLE (you know, it has a docile 6, but hell it isn't a 4!) and imagine that with your 6, you have a fast car. Guaranteed that the Camry has never seen a track. Z's look fast, so seeing one will either generate some kind of anger or a desire to compete. Do these people also give Porsches the finger? I wonder.

Nobody has flipped me off. I've had my Z for about a year and a half. But then I live in the Northwest where people tend to be polite and not inclined to do stoplight dragging. On the interstate I have had some close calls with SUV's attempting to merge into my lane while I am right next to them. That's probably not a desire to kill the Z but more that we are hard to see from way up there.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote