View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin09 View Post
You may want to look into an oil cooler just because and forgo pads, lines ect. I know my car between runs was getting up in the 230-240 range. I feel the car does loose some power when it gets above 180-220 range. I have kw v3's, camber arms, intake, exhaust, upgraded brakes, the only thing I didnt do was an oil cooler thinking for auto-x I wouldnt need it. I was incorrect.
The power loss is from heat soak, not oil temperature. There is nothing wrong with oil temps in the 230-240 range. To vent some of the heat you can turn on the A/C with heat, and pop the hood. The stock air intake is plastic at least which helps to resist the heat.