View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Mike the Powdercoater here on the forum does it. You would want to shoot him a PM on it. I think he either charges $50 or $100 per wheel but don't quote me...

Powdercoating is still advancing in the world of color scheme, but even with just 'black' there are several choices in terms of darkness and appearance from matte to gloss. So you have almost as many choices as paint.

But the real key is durability as people have said. Paint will chip and flake, especially if it's not done right. Powdercoating is a much more effective option for something that is going to be subject to the rigors that wheels go through.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote