View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I honestly don't remember off the top of my head. Alignment on new cars can be spotty given the abuse some of them had. I traded in a stock RX-8 that had Direzza Star Specs and a relatively tame alignment on it. The car handle corners with grace and had no drama. On the way back from the dealership, the Z felt nervous at the same exact speed on the stock RE050a. I immediately went out and bought myself a set of RE11 along with an alignment. I basically put together to 1/16 toe in in the front, about 2 degrees of camber in the back along with I believe about 1/8 in toe in in the back. The nervousness I had with the car was gone right after. Heck, it took me a good two years before I had anything close to a spin.
Interesting. Mine has been rock solid in all modes from the day I got it except for this one issue. That's the reason for my initial post, the apparent bump steer issue stands out because every thing else is so good.