View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
I know some people don't like stock NAV but I think the Z unit is really good, not to mention all the other options u can control through it: USB key, Ipod, Engine dynamics, maintenance etc so I'm a fan of my NAV

So I like the small knobs lol

When the Z first came out. My salesguy threw me the keys to a fully loaded 370z, monterey blue/frost with NAV. I had the car for a little over an hour, drove about 30 miles and had a chance to play with the nav. The music features were impressive. But being that the Z is a 2 seat sports car with a minimalist trunk NAV makes little sense. Also I found the Bose stereo to be extremely sub-standard in both touring and NAV guise. Upgrading the speakers and amps is completely difficult in the upper models not to mention extremely pricey.
When I made my decision to go base+sport it was because I figured that I can put a higher quality sound system for the same cost or slighly higher than nav if I do a self install. Power seats in a non-reclining 2 seat sports car??? Pointless and adds a weight deficit. Leather? Well I can either customize mine or go with a beautiful high end recaro seat pkg for less than the cost of the touring. Though I can say this much. The best part about the touring is seat quality. Imho its not nice enough to go up 7k for touring and nav. when 7k in custom sound and seating will look higher end and purely original. OEM did a great job, just the feature to price to me is questionable. Besides, sports cars are a pallette for personal expression. The NAV and factory features fair better in family sedan-like daily drivers. Not enthusiast sports cars.

If the Z is just a novelty? I say load it up and get the NAV. But if you want to mod and make it completely original from top to bottom. Or if you really love music and are a true audiophile? Get the base or base+sport if you find the sport pkg worthy such as I.

Disclaimer... I do not endorse this statement as a means to sway from or put down the touring. Just a series of observations that range from personal taste. If you fit a certain personality type this advice is good. If you don't? This advice sucks. Its all personal preference and comments are more useful for future shoppers. NOT current owners.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote