Thread: My Z Build
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
pwrhsms
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z loaded
pwrhsms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Wow, fitment was that bad? I remember when Hot Wheels first debut their kit on a Camaro..

Which parts were the worst fitting? I was thinking about taking a chance and buying just the fenders,... but I think I may reconsider if you say it was that horrible.
He had to split the front and rear bumper in two places to resize them to fit the car. Every single piece had three mount holes or points that didn't line up with any of the OEM mounts. He ended up cutting the mounting portions of the sides kirts and fenders and molding them onto the kit. Then to top it all off the duraflex doesn't flex at all and it hairline cracked every time he took a piece on and off for fitment which he had to repair each time. 5 gallons of resin and yards of glass later the kit fit.

Here are the pics of the fender fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fender mount splice.jpg (92.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg OEM fender mount.jpg (94.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg fender.jpg (90.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg OEM fender mount2.jpg (120.2 KB, 74 views)
'09 Sport Touring 370Z NISMO exhaust, Typhoon intake, Hot wheels body, AMS VIS Carbon hood with flush mount latches, Whiteline Swaybars, EBC slotted rotors and pads, UPrev, Hertz Mille and JL magic box XXR 526 rims, Custom Paint By Rob Reyff.
pwrhsms is offline   Reply With Quote