View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
I like it on. I haven't learned how to heel-toe downshift because I don't feel comfortable or safe to practice on public roads so synchro-rev match is on...love the way it sounds and downshifts are smoother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craniac24 View Post
I never thought I'd use it...ever. Now I'm hooked and I never turn it off.

You should actually use the poll feature. I'm curious what other people think!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
Always on. Except of course when I disconnect the battery cable and forget to turn on the SRM afterwards. Kind of a serious shock when you go to downshift the first time.
It goes something like this: Downshift. @##**@#*!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Where's the poll?

I'm hooked on Synchro-Rev. It's just so nifty and I'm surprised it wasn't put on a production car before 2009.
That said, I'm from the old school and I know how to heel-toe, so I poo-poo'ed the idea of Synchro-Rev when the 370Z was introduced. After two months in my Z, a ride in my Mazdaspeed3 showed me I was already getting a little rusty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
SRM kicks A$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by WShade View Post
On!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
ON!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_lee View Post
On

and where's the poll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf41779 View Post
On, I turned it off last week to see if I could still heel toe like I could in my WRX. I could manage, but it wasnt nearly as smooth as the SRM. It will stay on FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinZ View Post
I usually leave it off. I drive in alot of traffic to and from work and it freaks other drivers out hearing my hfc & catback exhaust reving while coming up to stops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
That's the other thing I like about it.
Hey, it's not me... it's the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post
ON, used to it by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zZSportZz View Post
Definately on!! I love sounding like a d-bag coming to stops at a light haha

Especially when there is a popo sitting at the light too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
ive gotten use to it ON, so i just leave it on. typically i do my own heel and toe on my MT cars. both my dd and G are MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
Prefer it on
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
I just love the sound when you downshift.
Or the sound when you put it in neutral and immediately move the knob to the left (not in 1st or 2nd, just in neutral to the left). But I hear this only blips the throttle without engaging in a gear on SOME Z's. Anyone else confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Always on.

I remember after I installed my CF shifter ring, I guess it jammed the SRM button in off mode. Drove like 100 meters and was like, "WTF is wrong with my Z lol"...I had to pull over, find a tool to flip the console up, dislodge the button..."phew" lol
I thought it was gimicky at first. It is on all the time now. Well it is not doing anything at the moment, actually. I await delivery of the awe-inspring steering lock mechanism that is backordered.