View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
xgrudgex
Base Member

Drives: My neighbors crazy
xgrudgex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Ztune View Post
Also take into consideration that there are certain issues with all GT-Rs that are worth mentioning; you will inevitably have issues with the valve seals in the transmission (they'll need to be replaced and it will happen to every GT-R at some point). Make sure to request a Consult 3 printout of the Flicker (black box) data on whether the car was launched or not. Also check to make sure that the maintenance has been kept up with. If over 18K, tranny fluid!!
Thanks for the heads up! Ill be sure to get this checked out, but...
I dont expect to be getting a perfet car and will obviously have to deal with issues at some point in time... for being launched I think it would be hard for someone to find one that hasnt, how many of us that baby our Z's never get on her every once in a while? it would be nice to find that perfect used car tho
As for the valve seals... It sucks that Ill have to replace that at some point but given that I take my Z a couple times a month I wouldnt expect to replace it at any point relatively soon and if I do have to replace it then so be it, its part of buying a used car. I learned then when I bought my first STI in 05'

What other negative things do you have for me on the GT-R...?
xgrudgex is offline   Reply With Quote