View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Yeah, I'm going to do the right thing and go house first. It's just so tempting so I wanted to know what it would really entail and what would be needed. I wasn't trying to cheap out on important stuff, just trying to find out what was important and what was just extra. Affording the FI isn't the problem, it's more about regretting it in terms of delaying home purchase or having to throw down extra money for big issues. I was just trying to get a lot of info and understand what I would be getting into if I decided to go that route. I figure getting info form people would either result in wow, it's not as expensive than i thought and is pretty reliable or damn, it's way more than I thought and/or a bit iffy. And it seems like it's a little iffy if I plan to track it and costs more than I had anticipated so i will continue to hoard my money to get a house sooner. After that, though....
Yeah, that's def the better move imo. Honestly, if you are going to track (hpde) that car regularly, you're better off with just bolt ons and suspension/brakes upgrades. Heat is such a big issue with this car, even in N/A form, to truly reliably track mulitple sessions over a day or two requires ALOT of extra/custom cooling mods, even more so with FI. Car is plenty fast on the track n/a for most people.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote