View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Thanks for the info. The kit is already pretty pricey, then I read that you need a trans cooler for the 7at and then I read about all these recommended options like the competition radiator and transmission upgrades. It made me start to question how reliable it would be and just how much more everything was going to cost for a reliable safe build. I'm trying to save for a house so in the unlikely scenario where I did pop for the kit, I didn't want to run into a bunch of extra costs or expensive issues. Sort of just trying to get a really good idea of what I would be getting myself into so I can make a good decision because right now, my brain is just going "ooooh, 500 rwhp...." If I am getting about 21 mpg now on average, how much do you estimate that would drop with a SC?
/\ not to sound like a d!ck, but, if you aren't sure if you can afford going FI, or would have $$$ issues were something to go wrong, then perhaps you should just wait until your $$ situation improves. Oh, and house > car.

I cringe whenever I read threads from people talking about going FI and then ask how can it be done cheaper, or "is this extra part really necessary" and "you think it's safe right, I can't afford to buy a new motor if this one blows" etc etc.

You should assume that you'll be buying a new motor at some point and have the $$$ set aside already just in case. and remember Murphy's law, sh!t is going to go wrong, even on the best build from the best shop, you need to be ready just in case it does, that takes $$$.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote