View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #57 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post

Ken, I just bought the blocky one before I read this thread for my upcoming Koni install on the 5.0. Hopefully it works out... I'm going to use the floor jack under the lower control arm method to remove the factory strut... just need the compressor to fit the hat over the new springs.

yah they work, its just they scratch the coil at times. just put some clearcoat or touchup paint over the scratch.

after you put the aftermarket spring over the strut chances are you will be able to push the hat down with your hands while you screw down the nut.

better yet, have your buddies just pull it down (nono, not your pants! ) while you screw down that nut. wear safety goggles just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Get some rest. It will be worth all the hard work in the end.
absolutely!
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote