Thread: Mazda Speed3
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20z3 View Post
I like the price range of a used
Mazda.... Great ratings like the looks of them.
I couldn't afford an extra 5-6 thousand for a Sti. I'm just looking right now for something that was received well. Fun quick and reliable.
You aren't going to get much more reliable than subaru ... some will point out tranny issues but I've read up on this and it seems the issue has been addressed but 400 whp is about the limit from those... could be off there.

The ms3 was a car that SHOULD have been awd. It would have been their ultimate car and they could have done with the very pathetic performing rx8. I know the arguments will talk about the 8's weight distribution as well as its lightness for tracks... but the car was also successfully made very slow as well.

Anywhere... that's not to say the ms3 is a bad car. Its not at all. I personally just think its not where it could have been. If you are going to mod the car at all beyond stage 1 trust me... its going to cost a lot for very little satisfaction. Like I said as well... the ms3 my wife and I have is a fun car .. it was 22k at the time though. For 28k id be looking at an Evo which you could get practically new.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote