View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
brucelidat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370z 7AT GM Sp
brucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond repute
Default GTM superhcarger kit in an Auto?

Hi everyone, I have supercharger kit dreams dancing around in my head and was hoping to get some info feedback form people who have them so I have a good knowledge of what's up before I possibly take the plunge in the future. Hopefully, this can become a nice concentrated thread of member input/reviews for others considering this as well. So here goes...

1. Has anyone had oil temp issues even with an oil cooler? I noticed it seems the coolers are all shifted to the sides where not as much air this to accommodate the intercooler. I was wondering if this was an issue. I have a 25 row cooler already.

2. GTM recommends the competition radiator option, does anyone have this and would I really need it?

3. GTM mentions that the 7at should not be driven with hard acceleration at higher gears and recommends their transmission upgrade packages. Anyone have this and how important is it? A big FI concern of mine is reliability ( I know it will be less reliable than stock, but is the difference negligible or would I need to be worrying about having a second car)

4. What kind of dyno numbers are you getting with the kit ( stage 1 or 2)? Also how much doe sit impact mileage ( I know it'll be down, but we won't be in Hummer territory right?)

5. any other comments or notes someone looking at that kit should be aware of? (especially for 7at)

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!