View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #117 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

I'm a little surprised some of you guys are just dropping $500 on an item that hasn't failed yet. While it's an easy swap if you have the part, buying expensive replacement parts that haven't failed yet is a little extreme. People have transmission problems fairly regularly. Are you going to put an extra transmission in your garage just in case your working transmission starts having problems?

While I don't want an issue with a stupid steering lock, I'm not buying another as a backup. If it fails, I'll deal with it. And in the mean time, Nissan may still start a recall. You'll feel pretty bummed when you buy a backup only to have them swapped under a recall for free.