View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #92 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
My guess is that the remote starter in his case is wired in post BCM and IPDM (as I described in a previous post about a racing style setup), and they are instead sending signals directly to the ignition and starter relays. The remote starter is also wired into the brake switch on auto's and clutch switch on manuals as an anti-theft mechanism to prevent the car from being driven while on remote start mode. You could remove these wires if you didn't care about that aspect. So there is no BCM or IPDM trickery, just a complete bypass. When the BCM is back in control of the starting operation it says no go as the steering lock is stuck.

Given the frequency that these lock issues are starting to occur it might be time to start putting pressure on Nissan for a recall. Obviously they aren't going to do it voluntarily given that it is an expensive part. We could set up a petition and send it to Nissan or everyone that has had a failure can submit a complaint to NHTSA. If successful they are usually back dated so anyone that has paid for a replacement outside of warranty has an opportunity to get reimbursed.
I see... thanks for the comments. Yah, I hope they do a recall as well.

Hey takjak- thanks for the GTR recall info. That's the one Davin was using on his DIY over there in the GTR forum. As we can see on that doc, JF00C is the part they used for the recall along with the 2 security bolts.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote