Thread: She's Dead, Jim
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #96 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Read this on FB, sorry to hear Mr. onzedge. Glad you now have the Z back home while the part arrives to the dealership. I have subscribed to Kenchan's DIY thread and will need to check mine and the bros Z since both are 09's with early mfg dates. Better it happen while your car is still in warranty than having to shell out $500 + later. Both Z's are coming up with the warranties running out (3 yr/36k), already looking into extended warranties taking them to 75k mi. Sounds like the wise route to go, not to mention if it happens to me then that one part covers 1/3 of the extended warranty price.

If Courtesy Nissan has the part in stock, can't your dealership have it transferred to them? I am going to ask my dealership to stock one in the event this happens to either one of our Z's.
The dealer checked everywhere, even Courtesy Nissan and no luck. I don't really mind waiting all that much, especially considering she is home as of this morning. The Versa they loaned me is a screamer.