View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
ZInferno0248
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo SC'd
ZInferno0248 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
The GTR will never come with the man pedal. Auto manufacturers are looking to move forward, not backward. That's like saying I want a big bad v8 with a 4 barrel carb just because I'm a man and that's what cars are all about. Within the next 10 years, Twin Clutch transmissions will more than likely replace both the standard manual and automatic gear boxes.
I agree that it is unlikely that they will offer a manual GTR, but not because it's "backward"... It's because A.) This would make the car harder to drive fast (and they want to keep their fastest, but best-value production car claim).
B.) Nissan is all about technology... their flagship is going to embody this sentiment no matter what... that's ok, it's their company and it is an awesome car. C.) Nissan does not want to engineer and retool to combine a manual trans with their AWD system, for the small market that is interested in this. The Infiniti's are an example. A G37 with AWD and 6MT would be awesome and a 370Z with either the G or GTR AWD system and 6MT could put our cars in a whole different class. Opinions aside, these options are exciting even if they are unrealistic.

Unfortunately, this is the reason some people will not get a GTR... Just personal preference, but for me, replacing the connection between driver and car that is created by the manual gearbox with a computer and paddle shifters, sort of spoils it. It's a shame, I love Nissans, but if I ever go super car, I will look elsewhere. Talk to the engineers at Audi or Porsche about putting AWD and a manual together. Maybe they are thinking about putting 4 barrel carbs back on their super cars too
2010 370Z Nismo, Silver / GTM Stage-1 SC / Custom Tune / GTM Oil Cooler / FI Resonated Test Pipes / FI CBE / Alpine HU / Focal's / JL AMP & Sub / AP Racing BBK / TTA TE-37's / RE-11's / KW V3's / SPC Camber Arms / Whiteline Sways
ZInferno0248 is offline   Reply With Quote