View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
buddahson
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z, 07 R6
buddahson is on a distinguished road
Default Possibly trading in the Z, have some Questions

So, I was in an accident in my truck last week and it is probably going to get totaled out. It was my winter beater and is probably only worth about $4k max. I also use it to haul my R6 to the track in the summer. With the snow here and track duty, I feel its pretty important for me to have a truck.

This leads me to my dilemma. In my experience its tough to buy a reliable truck for $4k, and I don't want to make payments. So I'm considering trading in the Z toward a truck. If I get a $15,000 truck or so, I can trade the Z and put the insurance cash towards it and will own it outright. This will eliminate my monthly payments for the Z and thus free up some cash for track days and possibly another bike.

I'm making a bit of an assumption that I'll get somewhere around $25k for the Z on trade in. I owe about $15k on it. It's a 2009 base + sport, 6mt with about 18k miles on it. I have a few upgrades on it including injen long tube cai, cnt hfc, cnt cbe, swift springs and h&r spacers.

I'm thinking its probably worth my time to pull the intake and exhaust pieces to put those back to stock. That way I can resell them. The springs and spacers are too time consuming though.

Now the story's over, what do you think. Am I being realistic as to how much I'll get for the Z? Am I doing the right thing by putting what I can back to stock? Am I going to hate myself for getting rid of the Z?

Thanks for the sig EazyD.
buddahson is offline   Reply With Quote