View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
f00d4tehg0dz
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z Gun
f00d4tehg0dz is on a distinguished road
Default age old question

To lease or not to lease.

Here are my thoughts.....

Leasing:
I love new technology and gadgets. So I'm ALWAYS wanting the latest and greatest. And I LOVE the nav system and all the little things in the 2012 370z. I also have a tendency to get bored with things every few years.

With leasing, I can swap out the 2012 370z for a newer one in 3-4 years, which will have NEW Stuff in it (I hope). Also will have significant lower monthly payments, and be able to build up my credit line faster... but will have much Higher Insurance rates.

However I won't be able to customize the car, except from what I've read change the body kit, but put the Stock back on when my lease runs out. I also will be hit with a mileage cap. Right now I average around 17k a year. So that will have to be reduced.

Finance:
I will have higher payments, but! lower insurance as well as full customization and practically get to do what ever I want. However in 4 years I may want a newer model or something different. And the resell value is lower, so I may have a tougher time selling the car. I can change parts in the car whenever I feel like it...

Right now i'm leaning towards Leasing. But I would love to hear some good points from you guys... I ALSO heard I can't lease a manual touring... is that true?!
f00d4tehg0dz is offline   Reply With Quote