View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
2theextreme
RIP Tony :( (1969-2015)

Drives: '14 Mustang GT/CS
2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl View Post
OK, I was stopped by a cop not in the Z but my other car.. and he gave me a written citation to get the tints inspected and certified by the MD police (in 30 days) and mail the citation back....

any suggestions on where I should get this done? I have "legal" tints but want to get them certified as legal ... from what I understand this can only happen at a DMV... if this is the case is one DMV in MD better over another ?

thanks,
The officer should have been able to do the test himself. When shado and I were coming back from Z Nationals last year, we were stopped by an officer (who actually turned around to pull us over....he was traveling the other way on the highway) and he asked to check the tint on the drivers side window. It passed and he let us go on our merry way. I'm surprised MD officers don't carry the tint checker tool, too.