View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mr_Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z PG-M6
Mr_Z is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekermahoney View Post
if you figure out how to make it another brake light you HAVE to post it! thanks
Hi,
I think I have figured out how to create the following, using bits and pieces of information from this post and other sites:

When I am done with my installation I will get:

- Low intensity fog light (as I have the Canadian model, I am lucky to have the switch on the steering column. But the fog light is very bright so I have to lower the intensity to enable the third light braking option). For American models, you will have to either wire it to the low intensity tail lights (turns on with the tail lights), or add a switch somewhere to turn it on manually.

- When I brake, the fog light will be flashing quickly 6 times (high intensity), then finally stay on (high intensity as for the brake lights)

- There is a delay so the flashing only occurs once. It will occur again if I don't touch the brakes for more than 8 sec. This is to avoid flashing all the time in heavy traffic for example.

- I believe that my planned setup will give me the option to later add the “reverse flashing” option as mentioned in this post. I just need more info about the relay used and where to by it. If I get it on time I will also add this feature.

Yesterday, I have ordered all the parts necessary to make it happen. I should be installing this very soon and see if I am successful...

Also, I still requirer information about the wire colors.. (see above), please help!

2005 350Z 35th - SilverStone
2009 370Z Touring/Sport - Platinum Grey

Last edited by Mr_Z; 08-13-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Mr_Z is offline   Reply With Quote