View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
DWS44
Base Member

Drives: 17 Vette Grand Sport
DWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but as a warning to others, I just ran into the simlar situation to what tn370z did!

I just bought my '10 roadster used a few weeks ago, w/ mileage a hair over 15k. Still well within B2B on both mileage and time. Noticed when I got it that the drivers side window rubbed a little, but wasn't till I was cleaning it up that I noticed that the passenger side rubbed quite a bit making it hard to actually open. Researched on the board and found this TSB, but admittedly didnt read thru the whole thread till tonight (silly me). I guess it didn't concern the original owner enough to bother getting it looked at.

Anyways...took it in to local Nissan to get the TSB performed this morning, even giving them the TSB# I found. Go to pick it up later this evening and the service writer tells me I owe her $43 in parts/labor. I was like, WTF? Its a known issue on a TSB for pete's sake. She was like, OH, I called Nissan for warranty confirmation, and they said it was no longer covered after that 12,000 mile "adjustment" crock of ^%#.

At first I said the heck with it and actually paid it...then the lady says "ok, lets go look at it together because the couldn't adjust them far enough to completely stop rubbing". I was like...let me get this straight...you are charging me to correct a KNOWN issue with this car...WHILE I'm clearly w/in B2B warranty...and now you tell me you didnt actually fix it either?!? I'm usually a quiet person, but at that point I went ballistic.

At one point I had two service writers, the shop foreman, and service manager all out there trying to explain what the deal supposedly was. (It was actually fixed...there was still a slight rub on the weather stripping, but no longer rubbing the cloth top) Maybe I was right, maybe not, but the more I stood there, the more pi$$ed I got at having been charged for a KNOWN issue. Eventually they gave in and offered a credit toward future service, but I stuck to my guns until they finally credited it back to my credit card instead.

So...sorry this rant got to be so long (guess I needed to vent), but anyone going in for this TSB after your 12k Mile mark, be forewarned that this "adjustment" edict apparently came down directly from Nissan...so you may have a fight on your hands, too.
DWS44 is offline   Reply With Quote